- The Daily Show- Outstanding variety, music or comedy series
- The Colbert Report- Outstanding writing for a variety, music or comedy program
- The Simpsons- Outstanding Animated Program less than one hour
- 80th Annual Academy Awards (saw some of it mostly for the three Enchanted musical numbers)- Outstanding Direction for a variety, music or comedy program/ Outstanding Art Direction for variety, music or nonfiction programing
- 61st Annual Tony Awards- Outstanding Special Class Program- Award Programs
The only category that I was really rooting for was Supporting Actress in a comedy series because Kristin Chenoweth was nominated. Even though I've never actually watched any of the show she was nominated (Pushing Daisies) she's one of my favorite performers and was hoping she'd end up with an Emmy to put next to her Tony. No such luck this year though; the award went to Jean Smart (who's also usually pretty funny). Maybe next year. I also noticed that Battlestar Galactica won a handful of awards for special effects and such, so yay! on behalf of all my friends who like the show.

No comments:
Post a Comment