Sorry about another serious post. I'll get around to doing something fun. I just have more things I feel compelled to say.
I've been thinking about my old school lately. A couple of my old classmates and teachers either found me on Facebook or randomly messaged me. Seeing what a lot of my old classmates are up to really made me think of so many of the things that it seemed my school really valued and how I met them. My life don't seem to fit at least how I percieve the ideal back in high school- married with kids by now, working as a teacher, missionary or in a church, and a rebublican. When I think about all this, I wonder if my college life would be a disappointment to my old teachers or classmates. Would they consider me a failure?
God's been showing me a lot this week about how he uses the week. It's come up multiple times in different Bible Studies. It's somewhat encouraging. I don't have to be the cookie-cutter Christian or try to be "perfect" like I always felt back in school. God calls me, weakness and all, to live for Him and to pursue obedience and the Kingdom of God, and I'm already on that road. I feel like I shouldn't have to compare myself to anyone else and instead be who God calls me to be. If that doesn't exactly fit into the picture of what I thought life would be back in high school so be it, I guess. The important part is to keep seeking God so that my life fits His picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
don't apologize for serious posts. I enjoy your honesty. we should talk about this... I seriously just had a realization this morning that seems pretty related to this...
I wrote it in my blog but it's a little cryptic. so we'll talk :)
Thanks Robin. Most of the blogs I've seen of yours have been soet of cryptic so I haven't been sure what to make of them. We'll definitely talk.
Post a Comment