Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Rare Fashion-Related Rant

Anyone who knows me could probably tell you that I'm probably not someone who goes all "What-Not-To-Wear" on people and rants about fashion, but there's one fashion faux-pas that I feel I just can't stay silent on- Crocs! While these use to be something that some people might wear to the beach or to a theme park to be comfortable, they seem to be making the leap from leisure-wear to everyday-wear. Even more and more men are wearing them now!

I don't understand the appeal. I'm sure they're "comfortable", but they're just so ugly! They're clunky looking, the cuts just aren't flattering to anybody, their colors are obnoxious and don't look good with anything. I mean, really, if you want to be comfortable but on some flip flops or sandals or something.

Like I said, I don't usually go off on this stuff, but I had to say it. I apologise to all my Croc-wearing friends. I'm not judging you, I just don't know what you're thinking.

8 comments:

Robin said...

Haha... the last sentence is hilarious.

I agree totally. Crocs were cool when it was just nurses and the like who wore them, since they're on their feet all day, and they even have bright colored scrubs to match... but other than that, I just don't get it!!

GUS said...

I'm not sure why nurses would want to wear them either. You do have a point- I'm sure they're comfortable and work well with their scrubs, but I wouldn't want to walk around a hospital in shoes that have holes all over them. That's just me though.

Robin said...

They wear socks with them though :)

GUS said...

Yeah, but even with socks I'd rather have shoes without holes in a hospital, I think.

Tianay said...

Well, as far as nurses go, they are also easy to clean, closed toe, light weight shoes. I can see the justification. Now I am one of the people you were trying not to offend, I have my fake-crocs. I didn't buy them because of the popularity or the fashionable look. I bought them because I was wearing heals & had a long night ahead of me. I couldn't go home to change so I stopped by Target & it was the cheapest, most comfortable "leisure" shoe they had. Now, they are just convenient... hideous to boot but convenient (and comfy as you mentioned).

GUS said...

Oh, no Tianay! Not you! I hope they're at least a neutral color like black or something and not some hideous neon orange or green.

Tianay said...

They are as neutral as I could find, grey.

GUS said...

Well, as long as they're not an obnoxious color, I guess that's ok. Don't worry, we'll still be friend ;)

I don't know what this has to say about my blog, but this has become the longest-running discussion on it so far. Hmmm...