Thursday, October 30, 2008
5 Years of "Wicked"
Today marks the 5th anniversary of the premiere of one of my favorite Broadway musicals, "Wicked", so it would be amiss of me not to say anything to mark the occasion. I've been a fan of the show for three of those five years and have had the pleasure to see the National Touring Company of the show twice. It was amazing both times I saw it and many of the actors and actresses that I saw either originated in the Broadway cast or went on to star on Broadway in the show including Carole Shelley, Broadway's original Madame Morrible, and Stephanie J. Block who would later play the role of Elphaba (aka The Wicked Witch of the West) on Broadway after originating the role in the workshop readings of the play before Idina Menzel took over the role in the original Broadway cast. Plus both cast included actresses that I remembered from shows I watched when I was a kid in the part of Nessarose- first Jenna Leigh Green from Sabrina The Teenage Witch and the second time Deedee Magno Hall from MMC- which was exciting. I could go on and on about how much I enjoy the concept, story, message, music and the many wonderful actors and performers that have appeared in the show over the years (including Kristin Chenoweth- Broadway's original Glinda!), but I'll spare you that or perhaps save it for another time since I do have a lot to do today. At any rate, happy anniversary "Wicked" and keep "defying gravity".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ahhh I'm so jealous! I want to see Wicked!! :)
Post a Comment