Monday, October 27, 2008

Birthday

My birthday was recently. for the last couple of years I haven't had many memorable or fun birthdays. Looking back, they remind me of the song "Little Lamb" from the musical Gypsy in which the forgotten birthday girl Louise sings to some of her gifts- "Little cat, little cat, oh why do you look so blue? Did somebody paint you like that or is it your birthday too?" Thankfully, I did not have another blue birthday this year. I've really been blessed with a handful of people who wanted to make this birthday special- Ryan, Lauren and my family among them. I'm extremely thankful to each of you. Even if it didn't go exactly as I'd thought, it was the best birthday I can recall in years.

I'm not exactly sure how to say it, but I feel that this will be a big year for me. I feel like something that will really help to shape my life (hopefully for the better) will happen before my next birthday. Hope seems to be the primary theme of the year so far and I'm optimistic about it. May the Lord's will be done this year and may His kingdom continue to come.

No comments: