I will be so glad when this election season is over! I know that it's extremely important and such, but between the media and all the campaign propaganda that's been coming out it's really ridiculous. Some of the claims that these candidates and their camps make about each other are insulting, ridiculous and border on hateful (sometimes on the other side of the line for some supporters). Obama has been called a Hitler-like orator, an inexperienced idiot, communist and even the anti-Christ. McCain has been called the reincarnation of George W Bush and evil incarnant. I saw one sign that said "The McCain of 2000 would not have voted for the McCain of 2008- Vote John McCain". It amazed me that McCain supporters would claim that Obama is so inexperienced and green when they are proudly promoting that only 8 or fewer years of experience separate a candidate that they believe is unacceptable and the only hope for America. Sometimes I wonder if people that get so wrapped up into campaigns- Republican and Democrat- get so wrapped up in party rhetoric and negative campaigns that they miss the truth.
This year, please research the candidates and the other items on the ballot (they're important too!) very carefully and vote based on what you most believe in, not what the campaign ads or "ra-ra" campaign speeches or talking heads on the news say you should vote for. Don't forget to vote (early voting is a great idea) and vote smart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment