Sunday, November 9, 2008

Most Quiet

I was thinking about legacy lately and the senior superlatives in my high school yearbook came to mind. I assume most school yearbooks have them- a list of different statements like "Most Likely To Succeed", "Most Athletic" or "Most School Spirit" and the students that most personify them. In my high school yearbook I was voted "Most Quiet". Thinking about it years later really saddened me. I know that senior superlatives are just a silly thing to put in the yearbook and have a good laugh, but it makes me think still. Is that really the legacy I want to leave behind? A legacy of quiet that was so filled with silence and of words unsaid? No. Emphatically no. I don't want to be quiet. Sometimes I feel like I have so much to say. I want so much to express, to teach, to entertain, to share, yet for the most part I still don't. I wish I did or had the chance to. I don't ever want to be known as the "Most Quiet" ever again.

2 comments:

Robin said...

"To days of inspiration,
playing hooky,
making something out of nothing,
the need to EXPRESS, to communicate..."

I know what you mean about that desire to entertain, express, create... I have it too. I really wish I could do a play again!! I wish we could be in a musical together, it would be sooooo much fun :)

GUS said...

Lol. I wasn't even thinking about Rent when I wrote this, but that line does seem to fit quite nicely.

It would be awesome to be able to do a play with you. I wish I could.