Monday, November 24, 2008

Random Pre-Thanksgiving Post

I haven't posted a new blog in a while so I thought I'd write a little something.

I can't believe how quickly this year has gone! I didn't realize until this weekend how little time there is left in this semester, so I've defiantly got to work towards finishing strong.

Thanksgiving's this week. Time for food, family, and one of my favorite parts of the holiday- the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! Of course the parade itself is fun, but it's all the performances that make this a must for me. This year's telecast will include performances from Kristin Chenoweth (singing "Christmas Waltz" from her fantastic new Christmas CD); The Broadway Casts of "The Little Mermaid", "White Christmas", "Into the Heights", "South Pacific" and "Hair"; Idina Menzel; Kermit the Frog; and two of my old band instructors in one of the marching bands! Looks to be quite a show.

2 comments:

Robin said...

YESSS, I love the Macy's Parade!! One of the few times I get to see some real Broadway performances :)

Very excited to see what they do from "In The Heights." I listened to parts of thr soundtrack, and I really like it! :)

GUS said...

I saw "Into the Heights" perform on the Tony Awards and thought the show looked really good. I'm interested in seeing more from them. Also looking forward to seeing "White Christmas" perform. I think it's the only show (besides "Hair" which isn't open yet) that I haven't seen a performance from yet.